Wow…The stupidity of the radical left has no boundaries. SJW’s are absolutely out of their minds and this post will prove that. At the Dalton school, a private school in NYC, where it costs $55,000 a year to send your kid there, is now being bullied and blackmailed if they don’t bow to the demands of over 100 radical faculty.
Are you ready for this? This is what they are demanding. I hope that you are reading this on an empty stomach.
- The hiring of twelve (!) full time diversity officers
- An additional full time employee whose “entire role is to support Black students who come forward with complaints.”
- Hiring of multiple psychologists with “specialization on the psychological issues affecting ethnic minority populations.”
- Pay off student debt of incoming black faculty
- Re-route 50% of all donations to NYC public schools
- Elimination of AP courses if black students don’t score as high as white
- Required courses on “Black liberation”
- Reduced tuition for black students whose photographs appear in school promotional materials
- Public “anti-racism” statements required from all employees
- Mandatory “Community and Diversity Days” to be held “throughout the year”
- Required anti-bias training to be conducted every year for all staff and parent volunteers
- Mandatory minority representation in (otherwise elective) student leadership roles
- Mandatory diversity plot lines in school plays
- Overhaul of entire curriculum to reflect diversity narratives
All of this at one of NYC’s most progressive schools. These “demands” are not only ludicrous, they are crazy. Who do these SJW’s think they are? If the school caves to these demands, it would cost them millions of dollars to do so. Granted, it is a private school, and I am sure that they have money that they don’t touch, but that isn’t the point.
What these morons are doing is bullying the school to buy into this idiotic “anti-racism” nonsense that seems to be pervasive even in many of our public schools these days. Required classes on Black Liberation? How about courses on the stupidity of todays left wing activists? I mean really, mandatory diversity plot lines in school plays? Overhauling the ENTIRE curriculum to reflect diversity narratives?
These wack-jobs are truly out of their minds.
If the school had any yarbles, even though they are more than likely very progressive, they would fire every idiot that signed that “manifesto.” Get rid of all of the rabble and hire teachers that would be happy to teach at such a school. I am pretty sure that they don’t have the discipline issues that I had in the Bronx when I taught in NYC.
The other problem with these nut cases is they feel that all of this is owed to them. Pay off your student loans? Are you kidding me? These demands read as if a bunch of fifth graders got together to protest that they can’t go outside for recess. But why do they think they can get away with actions like this? Because the left allows it.
It’s funny how they scream about oppression and the fallacy of systemic racism when they blatantly ignore the fact that many African countries still practice slavery to this day. Instead of making yourself look foolish and protesting for criminals, who in a majority of cases were resisting arrest when they got shot, and protest those countries. Have you even bothered to look at and understand the statistics that show more unarmed white people are shot and killed by the police every year than blacks? Maybe, just maybe then you might be taken seriously.
Instead, what they are now doing is not doing anything to promote any kind of unity. If you want anyone on the right to buy into what you are selling, first of all you have to tell the truth instead of spreading these race lies. Everyone knows as well as I do that when you “demand” that people do things, you are going to get a great deal of blowback. In these cases, it is well deserved. Who in their right mind is going to make a public “anti-racism” statement. It defies logic and is just plain stupid.
One parent did say to the NY Post that, “The school is more focused on virtue-signaling this nonsense than it is in actually helping students of color…More parents are going to be pulling their kids out.”
The school did respond, and it was with the same characteristic nonsense one would expect just before they decide to appease these mindless radicals:
“The school does not support all the language or actions it contains…Dalton’s commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism is grounded in our deep appreciation for the dignity of all community members, an understanding of differing life backgrounds, empathy for one another, and the ability to engage and listen with respect across differences.”
But they will cave to the radicals before they really start calling us names.
Let’s hope that the school sees this for what it is, a shakedown of a wealthy private school.